New wheelchair

Hi my fellow readers, hope you are all well.

Recently, I got my new e-fix power into manual wheelchair. After years of a big heavy thing of a chair to a streamline and quick one, it's been quite a massive change.

It hasn't been easy getting used to it but now I am finding it a lot more easier to manage. It's an electric and a manual so I can use either in different situations without having to think about what wheelchair is more appropriate and quicker for every place I go to.

The E-fix system is made in Germany and America so it took a long time to figure out what was right for me and get the best wheelchair to fit in with my lifestyle. I knew I wanted to be more independent so I wanted one that will enable me to do so. Also I was fed up with a big bulky chair that just swamped me so as a result of this people saw the chair before they saw me! This way its more sociable as I can do more things quicker and easier.  

It is more lighter to drive and push and I find it a whole lot easier to get to places. It's a lot more comfortable as I don't feel restricted to move. The wheelchair can come apart as in the wheels and controller comes off so its even smaller to help with transport. It has anti-tip bars to help with going up curbs so the chair won't tip when i'm out on pavements.

It has a light and reflectors for when i'm out at night its more easier to let people know i'm coming. The controller has got a leaver so I can move it out the way when transporting as I can get nearer to the thing I want to get on. It has different speeds on when it's in electric, Tour, Eco and Sport. It shows me how many miles I have done and shows how much battery I have left. The battery pack is underneath the chair so I can charge it on the chair or take the battery out and use the chair on manual while the battery is charging.

There are two sets of wheels for the chair as when its in electric the power pack is in the wheels, FYI these are quite heavy to lift, but can use either wheels when in manual.

I have really enjoyed getting used to my new wheelchair it hasn't been easy but been really fun working it all out.





























Thank you for reading 

Abbie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz