Get Over Yourself...We're Only Disabled! Part 25

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled!


Hey my lovely readers. I hope you are well. 

Acknowledgements 



Well, what can I say? I can't believe I have written my first book!  It took me a whole year to write this, with support from staff at National Star College and my family.  I thought writing a book would be really difficult and I would have just given up over time but despite amending how many chapters I wanted in this book, I achieved what I wanted to get out of writing a book.


I must admit that I haven't worked on “Get Over Yourself, We’re Only Disabled” religiously.  However, it has been refreshing to have a goal to work towards.  Something that can be my thing, my aim, and my success.  I feel that I have achieved that.


I want to say a massive thank you to my family for helping me over the years to get to this point where I’ve been able to write this book and have the knowledge and understanding of my life and mine and other disabilities.  I feel very much grateful to be able to have this understanding of other disabilities as I have spent masses of time both with peers and other people with disabilities and I am still learning now about other types of disabilities.  So, thank you to my wonderful family that has supported me to get the best out of life and this has helped me to write this book. 


Also, I would like to thank the National Star College for supporting me with writing this book.  With the help of staff at College, I have been able to think about the content and write this book with support, encouragement and with a vision to help others. Thanks Jo for working exceptionally hard to support me physically and emotionally to help me to get this book written, I don't think I would have done it without you.  I hope it changes people’s perspective on disabilities and inspires them to change their lives.


I wanted to show to people that disabilities isn't scary or weird, we are just like everyone else; we have just been put onto this world with a little bit more sparkle about us than other people.


Being disabled hasn't been easy for me, however I wouldn’t want to be without it.  It’s a part of me that makes me Abbie and I like being me.  I really enjoy every day and I always try to make things easier for myself.  Sometimes I wish I could do a lot more than I can but normally with support and practice, I can achieve things that I never thought I would be able to do.  I am looking forward to the future, seeing what I achieve, and helping put disabilities on the map.


I hope you have enjoyed my book and I hope I have brought some inspiration to your lives.  It has been a reflective experience to talk about my journey with Cerebral Palsy.   


Until next time.


Big love, 


Abbie Smart 

x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

Slowly approaching the next stage of life