Slowly approaching the next stage of life

Hey guys

Thought this blog may help others that are starting to think about coming to the end of school, sixth form, college, uni etc and have worries or fears about starting a chapter in life. I am in my last year at sixth form and starting to think about what is best for me in terms of needs, skills, learning to work with a wider range of people etc.

I don't know about others but I worry about going somewhere new, meeting new people and adapting to their way of working. It scares the hell out of me but how I look at it is I am there to widen my own knowledge and skills to better myself for the future. Has anyone got to the school gates or waiting for a interview for college or uni etc and thought I don't want to be here, lets face it we all have been in similar situations. I remember sitting in a meeting to start sixth form and felt physically sick and was thinking will I be ok to do the course? will I get along with the people... 2 years on sixth form feels like my second home.

The things I have learnt from going somewhere new like going to sixth form or starting to look around colleges and uni's is, is this the right thing for me? and how am I going to get the best out of this? You might not like it at first or it might take a few attempts or visits to get comfortable but when   you get the best fit for the purpose, it'll be the best decision for you.

Never decide on the first place you look at, apply to 2 or even 3 colleges or universities and pick the one that makes you happy and helps you to have a ground base for the next chapter of your life. Just don't focus on just the course or job you are doing, look around the environment, meet the people, see what you are working with and decide how you feel and do you feel settled there.

I always look at what will keep me focussed and grounded for the next year or how long i'll be there, I look at what the people are like and see what the best route for me to work with them is. I look at what the best resources are for me to work with, I make sure how this would cater for my needs, I make sure that i'll be happy in the place etc. My advice to people is do whatever makes you happy and positive.

I hope you all enjoyed this blog and it has helped people in some way.

Thanks for reading
Abbie xx

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Another beautifully written piece Abbie. You have a real skill for writing - well done! Xx

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz