My first half term at National Star!

My exciting but nerve-racking adventure of college!


Hi everyone
This was a blog that I did for CP Teens, so I thought I'd share it on my blog as I haven't blogged for ages!

Hope everyone is well and had a positive couple of weeks!

Today,  I am going to talk about my first half of the term at National Star College. It has been a rollercoaster of emotions but I wouldn't change my time there for the world. I have learnt so much and made loads of new friends. 

I live outside of campus with 20 other students with a wide range of disabilities and we have all become like a big family. I commute into college which we travel by minibus, I love this as I feel grown up and independent living off campus.

At college I am doing a Customer Service course, at the beginning I found it hard work to get used to all of the jobs, and tasks I needed to get done but I have started to become more quicker at tasks and finding them a lot more easier. The best parts of Customer Services is setting up the shop and delivering the post to different departments of the college. I really enjoy this as it helps my confidence in working  in a business environment and working with other people.

Apart from my course, I have been doing gym, phyisio, speech therapy, trying out some of the brilliant after college clubs, which has been fun. The best one is Happy Hands where I can get my nails painted or have a hand massage.  ( or sometimes I have both!) But after half term I am going to try some more clubs. It’s great to have more of a choice of how you want to spend your free time, this way I am finding out what is going on and making new friends.

I have made a lovely group of friends, who has been the best through everything this first half term. I wouldn't of felt so much at home and settled in so quickly without the amazing friendships I have made over the past few weeks. We have supported each other through everything, had so much fun and made lots of memories together!

Looking back on my first half of the term at National Star, I had the time of my life and I can't wait to return after a well earned restful half term.

Hope you all enjoyed my blog 


Abbie xx 

Comments

Unknown said…
What a fabulous blog, Abbie. Great work! Well done you. So pleased you are enjoying your time at Star, it's been a pleasure working with you. Have a good second half of term �� Best wishes, Mel B

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

Growing Up With Cerebral Palsy