Top 5 Things When Planning A Blogpost

 Top 5 Things When I'm Planning A Blogpost

Hi my lovely readers, hope you are well.

Blog writing is never that simple, so I thought I would write about my top 5 things I think about when I am going to start planning and writing a blog post.  These 5 points below is some of the points I always take into consideration when I want to write a blog.  

Planning 

Sometimes I know what I am going to write about straight away, but other blogs might take a bit more planning.I write a few notes down so I can follow some sort of a structure and have some sort of an idea before I start properly writing a blogpost. Sometimes I write a few things down on a blog page, then I can move them around to make the writing to flow better and easier to read. I feel having a plan might help me to reframe from having writers block as I can follow the points I have made and tick them off as I go along. Having a plan could go either two ways for writers, it might make the actual blog easier to write, or it can go the other way and make writing seem quite confusing and hard to follow. Personally I like having a plan to work from, as I can bounce ideas around on it and make sure my ideas make sense before starting the actual blog.   Even if I don't use all of the ideas, I like to have loads of notes so I can have options to write about.  

Time 

 It's all about the topic that I think of at the time that I want to write about, might take me a short amount of time like a day or two, or if it is more of a detailed type of blog, it might take me a bit longer like a few days or a week. I always like to take my time when writing as I want to make sure that I am writing something interesting and make sure I haven't wrote something similar before. I like spending a good amount of time on my writing and put all of my ideas into the blogpost in a well thought of manor so I always like to  take my time with my writing.

Topic 

When thinking about the actual topic of the blog, I think of two things; what do I like to write about and what does people who read my blogs regularly like to read about.  I think having a strong topic and ideas that feed off the title nicely and keeps the blog making sense is what makes a blog be able to flow and the message can be read well. I always try to think of a new topic every time I want to post to keep my writing fresh and interesting.  

What message am I trying to get across 

I always try to keep the reason of that particular blog clear and precise to make sure the flow of my blog is easy and understandable to read. I try to keep my message that I am getting across short and try not to ramble on about one particular subject. I always ask myself before I start writing what am I trying to get across and what am I trying to explain in my writing and what message am I trying to get across. I like keeping my blogs positive and try to write about topics that is important to me, but always thinking of what others might want to read about and information that people might want to learn about.


Audience

When writhing my blogs, I always think about what would make people interested and how I can draw more people in. I think more of my audience can be people with disabilities or people who know of people with disabilities. When I am writing, I think of subjects that people may relate to or would like to learn more about, for example writing about awareness days or things that I have done. My audience is important to me because I love hearing other people's feedback and learn a few tips for next time I write. Feedback gives me some fantastic ideas for future blogs and helps me to become a better writer. I love having a great audience because it allows me to learn new things and keep improving in my writing. 

There are many more points that I do consider when writing but these are my top five. I feel when I follow this process, my writing improves and I can create a blog easier. I love planning and writing my blogs!
 
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog, 

Abbie 
xx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz