Hello 2023!

     Hello 2023!

Hey my lovely readers, Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great Christmas and an amazing start to 2023.

 I hope you are all ready for a fresh start and thought of all your goals for this year. It is good to make goals as it gives you a good outlook for the year ahead. Goals can be big or small, its up to you what your goals are but it is good to have things to work towards throughout the year. What things do you want to achieve this year? Is there anything you want to improve on from last year? I like asking myself these questions when I am writing goals, because this helps me to write worthy goals for me to work on in the year to come. Theres no point of having a goal without knowing what I would like to work towards and aim for.

2022 was a great year,  I have amazing memories and I have learnt so much in a year. If you want to read more about  2022, go back to my previous blog where I review the year. Let's start a fresh page and think of what we would like to achieve this year. 

Some of my goals for this year are: 

  • Use my walker everyday- I always go in my walker regularly but this year, I would like to try to get used to my walker being a natural thing to do everyday rather than it being a chore.  If I think of it as a chore, I am less likely to do it. So therefore I am trying to build it into my day so I can still get my exercise in and still getting on with my day by doing little and often each day. I think this will help me to feel stronger, healthier and become more independent. I always feel happier and my body feels good after being in my walker.                                                                                                                                  
  • Write 10 blogs- I managed to write 10 blogs last year so I am going to try to match this or try to improve on this and write more than 10. I love writing about different topics and trying out new writing styles so this is my goal to think of different topics to draw in more audience, especially disabilities and things around the disability sector.  I am going to have a think about what is popular and try to base each blog around something different each time. If there's anything you would like to see on my blog, comment on wherever you are reading this, it will be great to hear your feedback and ideas.  
  • Do more as a family- It is always lovely to do more with family but I feel like this year I would like to do do more with them. Life is always so busy so its easier to plan nice things in advance. We do a lot together anyway but I feel that this is on everyones goals, to see family and spend more time with them. We are going to plan more things together and enjoy each other.  
  • Plan more nice things with my boyfriend-   Again, similar to what I have written above I feel like we need to start to plan more as I feel that if we don't set aside time to put things in place and do different and nice things, we just stay the same, anyone would, whether its a individual person, a couple or a family you need to learn, explore and grow in that bond.This hasn't got to have a cost or be anything major, its just nice to have monthly goal to do something.   So we are going to try to do something a bit different once a month to widen our options of what to do and start trying new things.   
  • Read 5 books- I always had a love/hate relationships with books and it always takes me ages to read a book. I think I loose concentration when reading a book so this is why I don't charge my way through a book. Therefore I have set my goal at 5 so I have something to work towards  but I don't try to rush through s book. I love anything with a positive message behind it, those books really lift me. Reading a book is important to me but if I don't manage 5 its okay, I just feel happy to just to read a great story that someone has carefully and lovingly put together. 
  • Keep enjoying going to the gym- I still love going to the gym each week, I feel that I am improving all of the time. I  really enjoy being friends with similar disability as me. The gym has made me stronger both physically and socially. This year I would to become stronger and with this strength I want to become more independent with days to day tasks. I am going to continue to enjoy each season.  
These are just some of the things that I have wrote down for myself. I didn't want to be too complex when it came to writing my goals out. I wanted to keep them simple but still a slight challenge about them so I feel like I can push myself and feel rewarded after I have achieved it. I tried to set a goal in each area of my life, such as physical, social, learning new things and plan some activities that will relax me and to do in my spare time. How do you set out your goals? Do you set them out just in your head or write them down on a spreadsheet or something else? I write long term goals, like yearly goals down so I can go back and review them to see how im getting on. But with day-to day goals I make a mental note of them or I write them down in my planner. 

The main thing I would like to do this year is work hard, make lots of memories and have bundles of fun! I am going to think of lots of different topics to write about on my blog as I really love blogging but always find thinking of new things is quite difficult. However once I have that title in my head, then I find blogging easier. I feel I can talk to lots of people and reach out to individuals that may read my blog even if they are learning something from it or just like reading my blogs for enjoyment.    Thank you for taking the time to read each of my blogs and I always look forward to hearing your feedback. Your feedback allows me to work out what everyone likes to read, what you find interesting. I like to focus on topics that inspire me but with all of your lovely messages and support allows me to really focus on things that people like to read and topics that people are interested in. 

I really hope this has inspired you to think of your goals for this year, you may have thought about what you like to achieve this year already or you might just be a person who just enjoys the day ahead and focus on their daily tasks as mini goals, I also like to do that too!

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog and I wish you all the best for 2023!

   Thanks for reading 
Abbie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz