Day To Day Life As A Disabled Adult

 Day To Day Life As A Disabled Adult


Hello readers, I hope you are all doing well.


Day to day life as a disabled adult might look slightly different to every person who has a disability. There are currently one billion people in the world who has a type of disability and their life will not be the same as the next disabled person. This is what makes people unique and special.

I know that day-to-day tasks for me can be challenging but I focus on these as my goals and I slowly can get better at them, like for example getting dressed would always be a struggle for me and I would need support, but with encouragement and determination I was able to learn to get myself dressed. The things we need to do daily might seem a big challenge when we first start practicing something, but the more we do the task, the better we will be at it. 

I have many things to do everyday and I know some tasks may take longer than others, so I need to plan my day around how long each task will take me. This is good for everyone, disabled or not, to plan their day so they can get more done. People with disabilities may have therapy so therefore their priorities might be slightly different to others but everyone may seem the benefits from having a daily plan.

It is good to have a goal everyday so people can feel like they have something to work towards. I love having a goal each day as it makes me feel proud of myself when I have completed it, I feel like I have achieved something everyday.  Goals allows me to feel productive and gives me a purpose everyday, we all need a purpose everyday to make things happen. It also gives us encouragement to get our goals done, like for example one of my goals is walking so therefore I feel like I have achieved my goal once I have done this.

Things that I might see as an achievement may seem easier to another person with a disability, this is what makes each and every person so unique. People achieve their goals at their own pace and that is totally okay. I feel proud of myself when I have achieved the most tinest thing in my day as this makes me happy. We all need to celebrate the small things as I think that working on the small achievements allows us to conquer the big goals that we always put off. For example I am learning to do my laces as this is can be difficult, but I always have a go at them and every time I get further at doing them, I feel proud of myself. It's all about taking the little steps so the bigger steps doesn't seem so far to achieve!   

Day to day life for me may have a range of similarities and differences compared to another person with a disability but everyday I feel proud of myself how far I have came. 

Thank you for reading and always be proud of what you have achieved💖

Abbie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz