A long time, no blog hello

A LONG TIME, NO BLOG! 

Hey, this feels so strange blogging again, I had a realisation that when I write and blog I get so much enjoyment out of it, so I'm going to give it another go!  I have been sort of blogging over on my Instagram  @cp_abs but it feels good to grab a fresh page and just go back to what I originally love and just be able to write. 

The past year or so has been up and down for everyone, but hope we are getting back somewhat normal. I know I haven't done as much as I wanted to but I think everyone is in the exact same boat. However I have done so much what I have never would've  thought of unless we didn't have this time. I feel like I have done more while being at home than before the Pandemic came about. I'll tell you more in the next few paragraphs!

Being in the moment 

I think this has been what everyone has learnt over the past few years, we have to be in the moment and be grateful for what is going on around us and being with our loved ones. I have learnt to just focus on what matters to us and support the people that has always been there for us. I have learnt that being in the moment has helped me to understand what has been going on in the world.  

Whizz-kids 

Whizz-kidz has been wonderful over the past year, like everyone we have been working remotely online and I feel that this has worked perfectly for me. Whizz-kids is a charity that supports children and young people with disabilities up to the age of 25. They have worked with me to complete online placements, workshops and fun activities to keep me busy. Even after lockdown, we have carried on with placements online and this has worked incredibly well as I prefer working from home and its suited them well as well as they can get placements started quicker. As my interests are very much social media, so we have worked with a lot of companies with their media team I have really enjoyed this and it has kept me busy. and occupied the past year. I have loved being a part of Whizz-kids and will continue working with them this year. 

Center Parcs

I totally forgot to do a post about this! Me and my boyfriend Victor went on our first holiday to Center Parcs last September. As we both have cerebral palsy, we always had the idea of going away but never had the confidence to book something on our own. So with amazing support from my parents we finally went! Center Parcs is so accessible for people in wheelchairs, you would be surprised as it is in the middle of woods. Assessiblity wise, I was able to drive my wheelchair as freely as I like. There were loads of space in our appartment, restaurants, activities, everything was so amazing! There wasn't like loads for us to do, but we did as much as we could, we loved the bowling and the restaurants. The people who work there was so lovely, we did our activities before we went but with the help of the kind staff we was able to book more activities while we was there which was amazing. I had been there before with m y family but it was the first time for Victor so it was a bit of a big step for us the first few days but once we were settled we really enjoyed it. We have booked again so I might come back to this blog and review it more but for our first holiday we had the best time!

Goals for this year

Yes, I know we are nearly in April but I aim trying to set goals for this year. I don't know about you but I'd rather have daily, weekly or monthly goals as I like to keep on track on what I want to achieve and get done in the timeframe I have set myself. Goals shouldn't be massive or uncontrollable, they should be managable and to your own limit, what you are comfortable with.

Mine are:

Go in my walking frame- I try to do this everyday or every other day as this is the most important thing in my life becoming more mobile and just keeps my body moving and healthy.

Stretching- I've noticed the more I do in my walker, my body screams at me to stretch. Stretching is the most important tool for the body after exercising. For me stretching makes me feel relaxed and ready to take on the rest of the day. I need to stretch because of Cerebral Palsy, my muscles are generally tight and stretching makes my body not as tight and I can do more for myself.

Carry on working with Whizz-Kids- I have done quite a lot already this year with Whizz-kids, I really enjoy everything they do and they help me a lot to find work placements and just keeping me busy. I am looking forward to what I am able to achieve with them this year.

Plan more with family- I always love to plan and I think that most of the people that will read this will agree with me, planning makes you look forward to something and planning with your family is the best medicine for everyone. 

Reading- I have always loved reading however I take ages to get through a book. I am just about finishing book 1 of this year and I am going to make it my mission to read a bit more this year. I want to have a goal of 5 books this year but I am always happy with whatever I manage to read. A lot of people tend to read more in the summer but for me the weather doesn't come into the plan when I want to pick up a book. However I do see that it is nicer to read in the summer. I believe that reading can boost your mood, makes you switch off for a while and if you are into writing as well, reading can help with making your writing flow easier.


Social media- Social media is sort of a way that I have been blogging. I like to sort of spread awareness about Cerebral Palsy and disabilities in general but sometimes I have been just posting about day-to day life and that spreads awareness anyway. I love using social media as I find that's the new way that people are 'blogging'. We may stopped writing blogs like this but Social media has taken over this concept of blogging.  

Always try to have a few goals in life as it really helps to keep on track and just keeps you motivated. Goals makes us excited about the future and makes us want to do something, so we feel like we have achieved something good for ourselves and this makes us feel proud of what we have achieved!

If you can take anything away from this blog, be proud of yourself.

Abbie 
x





















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz