Whizz-Kids blog

Lockdown Boredom?… Have No Fear Whizz-kidz Are Here

Hi I haven't been on here for a long while, but this is the blog I did for Whizz-kids as I have been enjoying their activities through lockdown. I hope you enjoy reading. 

Hi I'm Abbie and I have been loosely involved with Whizz-Kids since I was young, I did a few clubs and I took part in the Challenge 75 in 2019. But wasn't sure what other things Whizz-kids had to offer, including clubs and training.


 When lockdown started, I didn't have a clue how I would fill up all of the extra free time I suddenly had as normally I was really busy . I was invited to take part in a placement online as Whizz-kids couldn't send young people out to placements, so I was nervous about the placement as well as learning to work online. However despite finding it a struggle, this was when I found my niche for the online activities that Whizz-Kids has to offer.


 Around the time I was doing my placement, Whizz-kids had started to put their activity sessions online, live and interactive so we could still see and talk to our friends and Whizz-Kids staff on a regular basis while we do a fun activity. Now I sign up for activity clubs most weekends and anything is going on in the week, like extra training or information gathering sessions about the world of work. As we say the week is for work and the weekend is for play!


While I have been doing Whizz Kids, I have virtually met lots of new and lovely people weather it’s the Whizz Kids staff, young members like me who use Whizz-kids for support, placement staff or companies that has kindly wanted to work with us, being a business company, offering us information about the world of work, or a dance or yoga teacher keeping us active and giving us something fun and exciting to do over the lockdown weekends. My favourite sessions are dance, yoga and our chat group, Tea and Talk. That’s my opinion but they also offer drama, sport and art sessions- also provide most activities that require little supplies like for art or sensory story etc. 


I love the way Whizz-kids amazing staff are always there through email, text or on a call and they are always willing to help or answer any questions or queries that we may have. Even if they directly don't know straight away, they always reply to our question in a message or ask a colleague that may be able to help us a bit more over email or a text. Somehow someone always comes back to us answering our message, also in Whizz kids theres no such thing as a silly question!


I have really enjoyed being part of Whizz-kids over lockdown and feel like I kept really busy. I look forward to every class that Whizz-Kids put on and I really enjoy doing a wide variety of activities each week.


Thank you for reading my blog and thanks to Whizz-Kids for keeping young people busy through lockdown.


Abbie xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz