Staying positive at home

Staying positive at home 

Hello guys,

Hope you are all well and keeping safe. 

I have really surprised myself of how much I've got used to staying at home. I thought I would be stressed and anxious about not being able to go out, but it has gone the opposite way. I'm happy, motivated and very relaxed. Being someone with a high level of anxiety, I thought I would've got bored and emotional very quickly but I have been keeping busy and chilled throughout my time at home. 

Being at home has made me more proactive on what I really want out of life. I think before I got so used to going out and at times I sort of took it for granted. Now being  at home has made me realise what the positive things are in life and it has made me feel grateful for them. Also I have realised how much there is to do at home that I didn't really give much thought on before, like i’m enjoying reading and playing online easy games that I haven't played for years. I miss the freedom of going to the gym and shopping but it has made feel humble for what I have that we skim past when life is busy like a home cooked meal or a good book we don't normally have time to digest. I’m probably not the only one that feels like this at this time. 

I miss going out and going to the gym, but I'm doing two lots of walking everyday and keeping myself strong so I don't loose my strength for when I can go back to the gym. This is making everyday quite busy making sure I do both. I feel much happier and relaxed after this as I feel like I achieved something and keeping myself occupied at the same time. 

I feel that this is the most positive I have felt in a while and I think its because I'm not thinking about going out or upcoming events like work placements. I really enjoy these things and I can't wait to go back to them after the lockdown restrictions are lifted but I wouldn't say I'm missing them terribly. I think lockdown has changed my prospective of how I don't need to be busy all of the time.

I hope you all have enjoyed my blog 

Stay safe 


Abbie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

Growing Up With Cerebral Palsy