What I have been up to

Hello

Hope everyone that is reading this are keeping well and safe at this difficult time. Being at home and trying to keepourselves occupied can be frustrating, we bound to become bored and fed up at some point. However we can do lots of positive things when we put our minds to it. Its about being positive, proactive and plan how we are going to spend our day.

I have been walking in my parallel bars everyday to keep my fitness and strenth up while not going to  the gym. Only after a week focusing on them after a long time of not using them, I feel a lot stronger and motivated to walk everyday.  Starting something again that wthe we aren't used to can be hard but doing it repatively can help our mindset. Being able to have the time to concentraight on my walking has given me a good goal and I can now see the importance of it. I always knew how important it was but now I can see myself improve a little everyday. This can be applied to anything we need to do but not have right energy to do it so we have to channel that energy and positive vibes into what we need to do and look at it with a good head on. This isn`t going to be forever so we just need to occupy our time and know that we can resume our plans when the world is calm again.

I have been part of the CP teens Cerebral Palsy Awareness month of March where people with disaabilities write a piece on themselves and what their disability means to them. I liked being part of this as it is good to see others in a similar situation to me and find out about other people. Its a great network and I feel that it allows people to feel confident and connect with others. I enjoyed doing it with CP teens and look forward to do it again hopefully in the future.

Due to the virus outbreak, my next work placement has been postponed until the country is safe again.  When the country is in better health, I will be doing another placement at a workplace I recently completed in 2019. I am looking forward to go back for another few days and I am thankful that the company has welcomed me back to gain more experience.


I hope you have enjoyed my blog.

Thank you for reading

Abbie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

Growing Up With Cerebral Palsy