The benefits and negatives of social media

            The benefits and negatives of social media 

Ping… ding….buzz, was that another notification? In society now we can't go 10 minutes without checking a message, Facebook, Instagram or whatever people like to keep in contact with companions on. 

I like social media I have quite a good amount of different channels of media that I flick from. I think social media is good as you can keep in touch with many people and portray your life message the way you want to and how you feel comfortable with.

However this can be taken with the wrong idea sometimes by who is looking in. People shouldn't posting too much on social media so they don't give lots of details of their personal lives away. Some details should stay private and people need to be sensible about what they post.  I try to keep my posts at a reasonable amount so my page looks interesting but not over the top. 

People may put too much or as little as they want on social media. I think its positive when people put uplifting, happy status or message to show everyone what is going good in their lives. It’s about getting the right balance to show people you are okay and just living a good life.

Sometimes I find that people are too fixated on what is going on in social media and not focusing on life around them. Life is more precious to be on social media all of the time. Also people can become less social and would rather Facebook and message people rather than going out and meeting people.  

Social media is great because if you pitch yourself at the right level, people can become well known from their accounts especially Instagram and Twitter. This is a great aspect of social media as people can connect with a whole mix of people without feeling pressured into something they don't want to commit to at that time.

I hope you liked my blog on social media.


Thanks for reading

Abbie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz