A fresh start on blogging

Hi guys,

Wow, I cannot believe I haven't done a blog for so long! However, I am going to make more of an effort from now on.
 
Some exciting news,  I have been writing a book based on disabilities and different experiences of what people with disabilities can do and what support they need to do to become stronger and more independent. I have completed it and working on the editing stage at the moment. I might do a blog on it when it is completely finished. It has been a long process but definitely worth it. I am proud of my work. I think it has been the best achievement I have done and I can't wait to share my book with everyone.

I can't believe how quick the start of the year has gone, I have been skiing for the second time in Andorra and I had the most amazing time and I didn't want it to end. I learnt so much about myself again only in one week and I had so much fun with my friends and my carers, as this time there were a lot more students and staff that I know and work with every day, also I had the same ski instructor from last year which whom was amazing with me again this year. I think I picked up the skiing quickly from what I learnt last year and was able to stretch myself even further which made me feel a lot more confident on a sit ski.

I have started to train for my triathlon that I am going to do around college. The triathlon is something I want to achieve before I leave National Star and I feel that this would be a great fundraiser. i haven't decided what I am going to do it for but I hope I am able to fulfil this short term goal. All of these has made me feel proud of myself.

Just wanted to say to whoever reads this blog, don't give up on your hopes and dreams because  I have doubts on stopping things that I love and it doesn't make me feel good. I went through a stage that I didn't want to carry on with my horse riding but now I have reviewed the problem and I have started to enjoy it again. I bet everyone goes through stages that they don't enjoy things but then get back into the activity.


I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog.


Abbie xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz