Goodbye 2016, hello 2017

Hey,

Before I start I just want to say my apologies for not keeping up with blogging and allowing the importance of I used to see blogging has slightly faded. However in 2017, I am definitely going to make sure I give myself time to blog and use this page as a memory bank to store everything I have done so a bit like a diary but on the internet lol!

Right lets get onto the reason why I wanted to blog today, as we all know its coming to end to 2016 and just wanted to blog about my highs and lows of this year. I don't know about my readers but for me it has been a massive year for me, so much has changed I have realised what my heart was set on doing for the rest of my life (childcare) wasn't the best path for me. I realised that I wasn't able to go into a childcare field job as I felt that I couldn't do all of the tasks that childcare required me to. So I fell out of love with childcare and realised that I wanted to do something around customer service...

This was when I had my trial days at National Star College and I absolutely loved it, thinking back to that week I think I defiantly made the right decision because now I'm a student there I am having the best time. I have come such a long way in just a little time of being there.  It has been the best opportunity for me to be more independent and learn things that I never thought I would be able to do like making myself a cup of tea to changing my bed or learning how to get to and from town and learning all of the domestic tasks that will help me in the future. I really love being independent and enjoying the feeling of doing it myself.

I have come so far with making friends and at the moment I feel like I have the best group of friends that I ever had and I love the fact that all of my friends has a disability. I feel I have the best friendship group at the  moment is because we all understand each other and it allows us to build on a friendship as we have so much in common and we can help each other through things. I haven't ever been as happy I am right now being friends with all of these wonderful people.

I just wanted to mention  thank you to my mum, dad, all of my family/ my boyfriend Victor and friends for helping me to have such an amazing year. Pushing me to have a great year and going for everything I wanted and encouraging me to do things that I didn't want to do, but I have achieved so much more than I expected to with thanks to everyones help and support. Since the start of 2016 I have come from strength to strength and I would like to go into 2017 feeling the same way.

Thank you for reading and Happy New Year

Abbie xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

Growing Up With Cerebral Palsy