My trip to Andorra skiing

Hi everyone 

I did this piece of writing just for a article at college, however I had a good idea to share it on my blog too! 

I hope you enjoy

My ski trip to Andorra

I had an amazing time when I went skiing in Andorra for a week in January. Leading up to the trip, I was very nervous because it was the first time I have been on a plane or travelled outside of England without my family. However I felt really happy and safe with the staff and students who I went with, I didn't even find it scary as I had such a great atmosphere on the way there, I completely forgot about being nervous.

I skied for 5 days and in them 5 days, I overcame so many fears and just took everything by both hands and went for it! It took a few days to get to grips with how the sit ski worked and I learnt how to move it to side to side using my body by leaning to one side and then to the other to get it going and carry on moving. Then I learnt by controlling how much I leant my body weight to the side I was going, it meant how slow or fast I could go. Funnily enough I learnt that the quicker you go, you have more control over the ski, If I went slow, I would just fall over, and trust me a face full of snow is not very nice!

I tried mostly all of the slopes and one of the days I was so confident and quick, I managed the red run four times!! One of the runs only took me nine minutes to get round!  I loved every second on the snow. Once I was wrapped up in all my layers and sleeping bag I was away down the slopes. 

One of my favourite bits of skiing was getting on the ski lift as I loved looking down and around the ski resort and watching all of the skiers below me. The only things I didn't like when it was windy on the lift, it was perishing I had to duck my face so I didn't get smacked in the face with wind but my face still hurt from the wind. I didn't love it but it was still highly hilarious. After the ski lift I was  slightly warmer back on the ground but it was still freezing. 

The apree Ski ( AKA the pub!) was always a treat after a cold day on the slopes. We went to the Irish bar most evenings for a well deserved pint or for some a cocktail. There was live music and the inturucters always joint us so it was lovely to hang out with them. It was just nice to chill. We mostly ate at the hotel but one of the evenings, we went to a pizza restaurant next to the Darby (pub) and we all had the biggest pizzas Ive ever seen. We couldn't finish them we was that full. 


I had a amazing holiday, a tiring one but I would do it all again. 

Abbie 
xx


Click on links below to watch my videos

Skiing in Andorra

Skiing in Andorra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz