A Holiday On Wheels To Center Parcs



A Holiday On Wheels To Center Parcs 


Hello to my lovely readers, hope you are well.


I have recently been to Center Parcs in Eleveden Forest and I just thought I'd do a blog on my week away. 

Me and my boyfriend Victor, decided to book another week in Center Parcs this year, we loved it so much last year so we decided to go again.

We went on bank holiday, in which we didn't realise this until a few weeks before, it was slightly busy but still lovely, it quietened down after the long weekend. 

The week was amazing, we were more aware of what went well and what didn't from the first time around,  so it was easier to plan our week and book our activities. We made sure we spread our activities out so we had something to do each day and this worked as it gave us time to get to all of our activities as well as time to relax.

We did lots of exciting activities however trying to think of things to book is quite challenging as we were quite limited as to what we could do. Our favourite is bowling as its really accessible and a lot of fun. We also did table tennis which was really funny because we both have a disability, trying to control a ball and keep hitting it isn't the easiest game to play but we had fun. We just spent the whole half an hour in fits of laughter as we found it so amusing that we thought booking table tennis was a clever idea! Overall, the activities we did were amazing. I found a section on the website that gives you ideas of the best wheelchair accessible activities so this can be helpful when your looking to book an accessible break with Center Parcs.  

We went to a few amazing restaurants Hucks, The Pancake House and Cafè Rouge, we also got a pizza delivery to the lodge. All of the restaurants are lovely and so accessible. There is also a lovely sports cafè too which is walk-ins is great too.    

We stayed in an amazing accessible lodge, it was very spacious and I was able to get around really easy in my wheelchair. We enjoyed the extra space, there were two wet rooms with a toilet with handrails so after a few days I was able to take myself to the bathroom. The kitchen was easy to navigate around in my wheelchair as the worktops were lower.  Overall it was a really lovely lodge. 

Overall, it was a brilliant week, so much to do and great disabled facilities i.e toilets, ramps, wide doors etc.  I  thoroughly recommend it whether you are in a wheelchair or not, its great for everyone. I could go again and again and never get bored of it. The only thing I would say is keeping the itinerary fulled is a good idea, I recommend booking one thing a day as this gives you a focus for the day and it just nice to have something to do each day.
I hope you enjoyed my mini review of my trip on wheels to Center Parcs!

 Thanks for reading 
Abbie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Over Yourself ... We're Only Disabled! Part 1

A Year Of Adaptive CrossFit

My Time With Whizz-Kidz